“Why does he have such an unnerving effect on me? His over-whelming good looks maybe? The way his eyes blaze at me? The way he strokes his index finger against his lower lip? I wish he’d stop doing that.”
All of us have felt this way or the other for someone at some place and some time.We just were too shy to admit it or should I say hesitant because of the prevailing cultural setup.
The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy has come out as a phenomena and E.L James has forced people to ponder over Love Lust and everything that comes in when you find “The One”. The story presents that women should never be comfortable offering their bodies to a man that makes it clear he is emotionally incapable of love and perfectly willing to implement capital punishment for eye rolling. Grey is a quintessential predator, Ana his prey, and the plot insinuates that, for the sake of eroticism, this is acceptable.
We have always fantasized about who a Mr./Ms. Perfect would be for us based upon our own expectations,perceptions,beliefs,values and culture.Here’s why We girls simply love Mr.Grey:
1. Beacuse He is everything one desires!
2. Who wouldn’t want to hear that?
3. Imagine waking up to such words ❤
4. Because he can take you down even with his words.
5. Because you are on top of his list!
6. And not to forget those “love drenched” e-mails and text messages who he hasn’t done for anyone before!
7. Last but never the least, the way he postpones saying “Laters Baby!”
Now, turning back to what I seek for in a man!
Well,the list is quite too long I believe,but here it goes:
- Someone who prefers to hang out in an upscale coffee shop than to go clubbing and hitting back shots.
- Loyalty and Faithfulness should be his middle names!
- Someone whom I can have intelligent arguments with and stimulate my brain. 😉
- I seek a man who I can learn a lot of good things from.
- He, who finds me worthy of sharing his emotions,feelings, past and future plans with. 🙂
- The one who tells me things exactly the way they are! NO FABRICATION! (I want transparency)
- He, who is more interested in the latest literary novel than in what the Jersey Shore kids are up to on television.
- Someone who has an updated General Knowledge.(personal encyclopedia)
- Who has a crazy streak but acts matured under the required circumstances.
- Someone who will be my best friend, a partner and an equal.
- That somebody who makes me feel good!
- Who makes me laugh at any cost and tells me that I’m pretty and how important this one smile is for him.
- Someone who can prioritize his job, family, friends and a relationship.
- Who shows me that I am an essential part of his life.
- The one who values his parents and has respect for the elderly.
- Somebody who isn’t much social. Even if he is, I won’t interfere with his personal space until he makes everything clear.
- That person who feels a bit awkward while talking to other girls.
- Someone who’s totally dedicated and doesn’t give out any wrong signals to other females. (do that when you’re single,not while with me!)
- Who doesn’t change for anything or anyone.
- The one who is man enough to vouch for his actions,even mistakes or betrayal for that matter.
- Somebody who cares for me genuinely and never shows off.
- The one who wakes me up and puts me to sleep with nothing but cute messages.(way too girly) 😉
- Someone who is not a technology freak! knowledge is a good thing but addiction to technology ain’t.
- Flirting is a strict “NO”. I know there’s a thin line between casual (healthy) flirting and harmful flirting.But I don’t care.
I should rather not be this harsh! 😉 Although it is next to impossible to find all these traits in the same person. If I think this way,the guys might think too. I still am in the learning phase where I am exploring new avenues of life and also getting to know people,who knows the list might lose significance or things might get added in it!Hence we should always wait for that “click” to happen which is nothing but a realization that you’ve finally found someone,somebody you belong with! 🙂
Live Love Laugh Read